This recipe has become a quick favorite for our family. Not only is it super easy to make, I mean like one pan even, but it’s soooooo delicious! We’ve had it twice in the past two weeks. We’ve also altered it slightly and added more spinach and extra things like shrimp; make it your own!
What You Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thinly sliced, optional)
- Peeled, cooked shrimp (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
For the Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spinach, chopped (We actually use a whole bag cause we LOVE spinach!)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, add olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cook the chicken on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked until the center is no longer pink. You can slice up the chicken if you want before or after you cook it. We like to keep ours whole and cut it as we eat it.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms to the same pan and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
3. To make the sauce, add butter to that same pan and melt.
4. Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until in thickens.
5. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
6. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and the spinach wilts.
7. Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce. This is where we added our peel and cooked shrimp, just to warm it up! And serve over pasta if desired!
And the finished product!